Common Applications for Ductless Heat Pumps
A ductless heat pump (mini-split), is an affordable heating and cooling option for some homes and businesses. We have outlined a few situations where a a heat pump would be more affordable and efficient than a traditional furnace.
Ductless heat pumps are ideal for homes and businesses with the following circumstances:
- Expensive electric resistance heat (including baseboard, furnace, wall heaters and cable) that will also benefit from cooling.
- No existing ductwork, and in which central air conditioning hasn’t been installed.
- Central heating systems that are costly due to high fuel costs or low system efficiency.
- Additions or outbuildings (such as a shed,barn or garage) where extending ductwork or cooling/heating capacity is not feasible.
- Rooms that are not regularly occupied (a ductless heat pump can be turned off to save money).
- Spaces where ductwork would be exposed to harsher temperatures (e.g., a guest room above a garage).
Ductless heat pumps are easier to install and offer efficient, quiet and affordable temperature control for your home or business, all year long.
Give us a call or fill out the form below to find out if a heat pump would be a good fit for your home.
December 9, 2015 Heat Pumps